TGBForum.com
TGB Scooter And ATV Enthusiast Forum

Race crankshaft for r50x

Guest · 6 · 6112

finch

hi everyone,

i am looking for a aftermarket crankshaft higher quality then the stock one that would fit the r50x. i have done ALOT of research and i cant seem to find any except for the motoforce one wich is only a stock replacement and this one, http://www.scootercraft.com/directory/en/Malossi-RHQ-Racing-Crankshaft-10mm---Morini-0 , but i realy doubt it fits the r50x as it doesnt look to be the same fitting on the variator side. i have done some more research and i cant even find an other website stating that it fits the r50x.

last year my stock crankshaft broke in half but i am not realy sure about the cause. one thing i can say is that i am using a cast iron 70cc but even then the stock crank is rated 11,500rpm and i never went that high. i also heard few ppl saying that the stock crankshaft is very low quality and brakes easly.

now that i am planing on installing a 70cc stage 6 pro aluminium and a yasuni r pipe i am scared that it will brake again.

so i am asking you guys to share you're experiences with the stock crankshaft. i want to know if it will handle my upgrade, but i would prefer changing it for a better one. Does someone know of an aftermarket one that would fit the r50x.

thx for help

r70x

Hi there,
I  have the same problem and I want to replace the standard crank with an after market crank,as I run a 70cc kit and my scooter has been tuned,so high revs = death.My crank is making a bad noise,so I know this is a problem with TGB and i dont want it to go when I'm riding,anyway have you found anything that fits???
thanks

tgb69cc-crankblober

READ THIS IF YOU OWN A R50x /Tuned Or Not

If You Want GOOD QUALITY standard PARTS or TUNING Parts for TGB R50x use ITALJET FORMULA 50 Parts its the engine that tgb based it on except the tgb is made outta cheap sh1tty metal

i have a 2005 TGB R50x/70cc malossi barrel,
its got a Top Racing full circle Race crankshaft,
gear up kit, Malossi multivar  variator,
molissi rollers (not sure what size's)
Doppler S3R Replica Race Pipe(De-Restricted + tuned

I cut the restrictor wire on the cdi (revs to 12k rpm WoW) screaming at 65mph,
i've snapped 3 crankshafts already
and the main engine mount on the right side of the engine

She's currently off the road waiting for a new half engine & plastic's

finch

If You Want GOOD QUALITY standard PARTS or TUNING Parts for TGB R50x use ITALJET FORMULA 50 Parts its the engine that tgb based it on except the tgb is made outta cheap sh1tty metal

could you please post some links of the parts you say that would fit the tgb r50x. it would be very usefull for everyone.

i found out aswell that some italjet formula 50 parts were compatible but not all! i have bought the ALFAERRE reinforced crank made for the italjet and i had to mod it so it could fit. i couldnt use my kick start because the variator bolt threads are not the same and i had to shim on the other side so i could fit the dynamo... did you need to do the same for you're malossi crank?

r70x

Wow ,,,,,,,Finally,,,,,,,I've since tried a Suzuki full circle crank,but the treads were all wrong too.Didn't mess around with it too much,but if you could give me some details on your mods please.

Robert

Hello what gear up kit did you find for the r50x?

[/quo