TGBForum.com
TGB Scooter And ATV Enthusiast Forum

TGB 303R how to find it's date of manufacture?

Suzypitt

Hi, I am new to the forum and I have recently bought a TGB 303R which was originally sold by a dealer in the Netherlands, used in the La Mans rally twice back in 2005/6 and then put into storage for a long period of time.  Somewhere along the way it was brought into the UK and eventually I purchased it.  I have paid a company to help me with the paperwork to get it registered i.e. nova cleared plus a certificate of conformity but after filling in the DVLA application form and sending it off I have received it all back with a cover note explaining that it's been rejected because I need to prove the date the scooter was manufactured.  DVLA'S advice was to contact TGB which I have tried with no luck. Failing that get in touch with a TGB owners club but I don't think one exists.
Is there anyone on here who might know the best way to find out and prove when it was manufactured?
I'm sure, going on the VIN/CHASSIS number it was manufactured in 2005 but  that doesn't seem to be enough for the DVLA.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Suzy. 😎

harry

• Administrator
  • Personal scooter consultant to the rich & famous
    • Whidbey Island Moped
hi Suzy,
well you might try submitting it again with a vin picture and documentation that shows
year mfg. you might get a different person reviewing it and get lucky.

the vin number is how you find the year if you are a dealer or the DMV(US; dept motor vehicles)
otherwise its looking at  some old title which are sometimes forged in a few ways, like using one from another bike.

it's slim chance TGB will answer , but have you tried to take it to a local dealer?
here in the US you can have the state patrol (cops) and verify the vin on the
frame and motor; TGB's vin/frames  all  have matched vins.  some chinese scooters don't

oilyhans

i own a scooter shop  with rentals ,sales& racing parts.
i also appraise scooters for KBB.

2003 Vino classic stage 0.75
de-reged stock variator w/8g sliding weights.
1.5k rpm  springs
42mph
2005 veniceLX ~70cc~upjet~1.5k rpm springs & 7gr sliders
46mph
KeyWest de restricted~8gr slide