TGBForum.com
TGB Scooter And ATV Enthusiast Forum

Bullet 50 build

George G

Hi,

My name is George,  people call me George.  ;D 1st time poster and hoping you in internet forum land can help.

I'm based in Melbourne and seeking advise and a place I can buy spares and upgrades.

Me: Riding since I was a kid, road and dirt, last road bike was a 2010 GSXR1000. Handy with the tools and experienced in most aspects of mechanical and metal fabrication.

I have a 2012 model with 4500km so just run in!

I'm in the process of giving it a 'little extra zing' without going extreme. I only ride in 60km/h zones so not too fussed about top speed. I'd be happy at 70 km/h if the speedo was accurate!

Current mods:
 - Chinese expansion chamber, modified to suit scoot.
 - Pod Filter

I'm needing to source the following:
- Jetting to suit the increased air/exhaust. Pilot and needle seems OK, current is 60 main, thinking 70 - 80 may be needed. Will play around and do a plug chop to get it right, but don't want to test ride without going up. Who stocks these jets?
- Headlight upgrade - Without pulling it apart, what globe do these run? Will go LED, just need to know the globe type.
- Rear rack for top box - where do I get one? This is a must have as I'm modifying the bike to use as a kite board beach bike.
- Air intake tube - If I decide to go back to the airbox, when removing from the carb the rubber 'connector' from the carb to the airbox is brittle and broke. Where do I get one?
- Possible CDI - Is it worth it?

I'm struggling finding a TGB dealer in Melbourne that will respond. What's the go or is there someone/ somewhere else I should be going?

My scoot is unique being an ex WA bike now in Vic and the previous owner hand painted the scoot cammo!

Pics to come. But any advise that can be given would be greatly appreciated.

harry

• Administrator
  • Personal scooter consultant to the rich & famous
    • Whidbey Island Moped
up jet and do the cdi.
RX50/Bullet  have extra aggressive gearing  in the tranny that is how
 they get more speed on their sport models.
jets are VM i think  however the carb is a 15or 16 mm so you won't get a lot
or if you jet to big expect to have issues every time the weather changes,
eg wet air vs dry air...

as for your pod filter the stock air box has a hole the size of your thumb
so now you have about 20 times the air volume so upjet BIGGER than you
think you need and do your chops. BTW i never use the pods too much hassle and
your open to a possible extremely lean condition(seizing up)  and you will shorten up
the motors life.

air tube; sourcing is hard ,as a last resort you can make one from other hose or tubing
 and nope for where to get the other stuff you needed... headlight,rack

oilyhans
i own a scooter shop  with rentals ,sales& racing parts.
i also appraise scooters for KBB.

2003 Vino classic stage 0.75
de-reged stock variator w/8g sliding weights.
1.5k rpm  springs
42mph
2005 veniceLX ~70cc~upjet~1.5k rpm springs & 7gr sliders
46mph
KeyWest de restricted~8gr slide

George G

Thanks Harry,

Been reading a lot on the forum and will revert back to the airbox, modified but will keep the hot air charge.

Funny hearing about the hot/cold lean/rich conundrum. In all the years it's the first I've ever heard about it being such an issue. But then again, This is the first 2 stroke I've owned that sit's WOT @ 9400 RPM most of the time. 

The local importer is unreliable. I might as well fabricate a new one and be liberal with the silicone seal.

Which CDI do you recommend? Happy to purchase from you if you ship to AUS.