TGBForum.com
TGB Scooter And ATV Enthusiast Forum

New to TGB, having electrical issues

turbowrenchhead

Hello everyone. I recently picked up a non running 2007 Outback 425. I started getting into it and right away i'm lost. I found harry's link to a service manual and started to diagnose.
I found two electrical black boxes with a 4 wire connector for each one, near the carb on the drivers side. One has physical damage to it and other doesn't. The ignition fuse was missing. When I tried replacing the fuse the fuse blew. So I unplugged the two unknown boxes, replaced the fuse again and when I plugged the one in with no damage the fuse blew again. It doesn't blow with the damaged one plugged in.
So I ruled out that these are not the ignition relays or neutral relay. I can not find them anywhere on the schematic.

I wrote down the colors from these two electrical pieces and assigned each color its circuit number.
white/black # 39 coolant temp sensor
brown #12 turn signal
black #1 ground
black/yellow #10 coolant light
blue/yellow #6 alternator
blue/black #21 oil pressure sensor
brown/blue #4 main switch power

I just went and took a couple pics of it and now the fuse isn't blowing with both boxes plugged in.
I have a couple pics of the boxes but I can't figure out how to make the file size smaller.