TGBForum.com
TGB Scooter And ATV Enthusiast Forum

whats wrong with my r50?

Guest · 4 · 2546

speedfreak

i gave my r50 a wash the other day and now when i turn the indicators on they make a noise but dont flash and the oil light is always on yet its full of oil, the scooter hadnt been ridden in months and the battery was dead. anyone know what it could be? any help would be apreciated.
cheers, clayton

jrweird

Did you charge the battery?  I have all kinds of trouble with all the electronics when the battery is low or dead, (oil light stays on, the tach is way off,lights are not as bright)  that's the problem withe those little 4amp. batteries. I haven't had time to lget a new one yet but the battery box will take a larger battery
                  Jeff

speedfreak

yeah i worked out that my battery is DEAD as a door nail. even after a half hour run it still had no charge. cheers for the reply mate.

jrweird

Those batteries stink.   I don't know if the boxes change much from year to year but my box measures 3 7/8 wide  6 3/8 long and about 5" deep. I will get as much as I can out of the battery (only a year old) then pull out those rubber spacers and put a real battery in.   another idea when the battery is charged and the scooter may sit a few weeks due to inclement weather I use a float charger (I have only ridden about 4 times this season its constantly storming)
              Jeff