TGBForum.com
TGB Scooter And ATV Enthusiast Forum

Hi new member from UK

Guest · 5 · 2215

BMR

Hi there, I have just joined as I am putting a 2001 TGB 202T back on the road. I have found a lot of info on the site thanks to you guys but was wondering if you know what type of engine was fitted to this bike and how I could visually check I think the later engines are Morini and wondered if my unit is as well. I am waiting for a new back tyre then its off for an MOT test (Ministery Of Transport) then road tax and on the road. I believe this scoot is derestricted as I havnt found a variator washer and the exhaust is a none genuine system, the guy I bought it off said it did 40mph. After the previous owner left it outside unused for 6 months during which time we had the worst snowfalls in recent history I had to replace the battery, free off the started pinion and kick start mechanism, inflate both tyres and free off the rear brake lever pivot that had locked the rear brakes on solid. I have also fitted a new seat as the old on had splits in it that traped my delicate area when I sat on it and replaced both short mirrors with longer ones now I can see more than my shoulder blades. I would like to fit a 70cc conversion and larger carb but until I am sure its a Morini unit I am stuck so any help would be greatfull.
Thanks guys.

harry

• Administrator
  • Personal scooter consultant to the rich & famous
    • Whidbey Island Moped
welcome to the forum!
the only way to find out what motor you have is to
get the serial number on the motor ( it should be a morini but check anyway)
 it should be at the back of the case

oilyhans
i own a scooter shop  with rentals ,sales& racing parts.
i also appraise scooters for KBB.

2003 Vino classic stage 0.75
de-reged stock variator w/8g sliding weights.
1.5k rpm  springs
42mph
2005 veniceLX ~70cc~upjet~1.5k rpm springs & 7gr sliders
46mph
KeyWest de restricted~8gr slide

BMR

Hi Harry, Thanks for the warm welcome, I will get the motor number and post it on site.

Thanks Brian

BMR

Hi Harry, Just checked out the engine number on the rear of the trans case and it says GH5*549429. I fitted a new rear tyre (pirelli) and took it down for an MOT test (passed first time). so road tax next week and out on the road.

harry

• Administrator
  • Personal scooter consultant to the rich & famous
    • Whidbey Island Moped
yes that is a morini motor....

oilyhans
i own a scooter shop  with rentals ,sales& racing parts.
i also appraise scooters for KBB.

2003 Vino classic stage 0.75
de-reged stock variator w/8g sliding weights.
1.5k rpm  springs
42mph
2005 veniceLX ~70cc~upjet~1.5k rpm springs & 7gr sliders
46mph
KeyWest de restricted~8gr slide