TGBForum.com
TGB Scooter And ATV Enthusiast Forum

Carrying children on scooter

Guest · 1 · 3184

rjbosco

I purchased an R50X about a month ago.  It's been a huge hit with my twin 8-year olds, who always want rides.  However, their awareness of safety issues when riding on a scooter leaves something to be desired (during her first ride, her daughter kept taking her hands off me to wave to everyone like she was in a parade float).  I realized something needed to be done.

I found a really great product called the Child's Riding Belt.  It combines a three-point harness (neck, waist, legs) with BMX style handles that attaches to a belt that goes around the driver's waist.  It accomodates children up to 100 lbs.  The Web site claims that they can fall asleep in the thing and won't fall off the bike.  I haven't put it to that test yet but I feel very confident that they won't fall off unless I want them to (because I'm jumping off the bike!).  It accomodates a W I D E range of driver waist sizes.

It costs $209 plus shipping; not cheap but how much is peace of mind worth to you?  If you have young children who want to ride with you, I highly recommend it.  The Web site is www.childridingbelt.com.  There are dealers in only a handful of states but you should be able to order online from any of them.