TGBForum.com
TGB Scooter And ATV Enthusiast Forum

No start

Guest · 2 · 2245

blazer1313

I have a 2007 RX50 and I recently found the CDI to be bad. I replaced it but the spark will only jump the 1.0 MM gap on the spark plug, nothing larger.  I work on outboard motors and spark should jump twice the size of the normal spark plug gap.  What is the DVA voltage that the stator should put out? And the CDI should put out the same as the stator obviously?

Also I suspect the carb to be at fault since the spark plug is always drenched in fuel after a few revolutions.  I'll clean that next and check for a punctured float.

What 2 stroke oil does everyone use???

Whats this stuff about unlimited cdi's? What does it do? I know it doesn't work for the RX50... what other performance mods can be done since it tops at about 30 MPH?? speedo is broken
Thanks

harry

• Administrator
  • Personal scooter consultant to the rich & famous
    • Whidbey Island Moped
I have a 2007 RX50 and I recently found the CDI to be bad. I replaced it but the spark will only jump the 1.0 MM gap on the spark plug, nothing larger.  I work on outboard motors and spark should jump twice the size of the normal spark plug gap.  What is the DVA voltage that the stator should put out? And the CDI should put out the same as the stator obviously?

Also I suspect the carb to be at fault since the spark plug is always drenched in fuel after a few revolutions.  I'll clean that next and check for a punctured float.

What 2 stroke oil does everyone use???

Whats this stuff about unlimited cdi's? What does it do? I know it doesn't work for the RX50... what other performance mods can be done since it tops at about 30 MPH?? speedo is broken
Thanks
Best i can do is give you a link to the service manual... they are at the bottom of the page...
(i've had lots of john-rudes 2t motors on my runabouts and always did the repairs myself)

the coil maybe weak?

amsoil injector or amsoil sabor  100;1  but pre-mix it at 80;1

stock CDI's only allow for 7,500 rpm 
the aftermarket unlimited or un restricted  are remapped and allow
the motor to turn at a higher rpm up to 10,000 or some to 12,000
you must have some mods that will make the motor turn faster
or the only time you will notice that your stock scooter goes faster is
when you go downhill.

oilyhans
i own a scooter shop  with rentals ,sales& racing parts.
i also appraise scooters for KBB.

2003 Vino classic stage 0.75
de-reged stock variator w/8g sliding weights.
1.5k rpm  springs
42mph
2005 veniceLX ~70cc~upjet~1.5k rpm springs & 7gr sliders
46mph
KeyWest de restricted~8gr slide