TGBForum.com
TGB Scooter And ATV Enthusiast Forum

New R50X Owner

Guest · 6 · 3662

CibbyDoc

Hey all, I just picked up my new R50X. Ive got 310Ks on it already. Will post some pics as soon as it comes out of the shop.....Having a starting problem with it which I have just been told is related to the alternator (? production issue). Has anybody else had a similiar issue....mine will run fine but will not start with elctric motor only when kicked and even then it takes ages.

Any way new the forum (which is excellent btw) so thought I'd so hello   ;D

CibbyDoc

Have a pic of my beloved fiddy.....enjoy   :P

John

• Administrator
Hi CibbyDoc, welcome to the forum!  Congrats on the scooter.

Any new mods or upgrades?  Enjoying the ride?

Vladimir_Yorrick

Hi CibbyDoc,

I have problems starting my newish R50X as well.  It would just stall unless I keep the revs up ... I basically have to sit there maintaining over 2000 rpm until it warms up ... oncce it has warmed up the revs sit at around 2,500 rpm.  Unlike your experience my kickstarter doesn't work at all until the thing has warmed up which kinda defeats the purpose a bit.  Mine has done about 300km.  It's been derestricted and I have had it go up to 73km/h which, based on the well-known speedo inaccurary issue, is probably a good deal less.

By the way, I note that your topbox is kinda obstructing the underseat storage.  Do you have to remove the topbox to access your underseat storage area?  I'm thinking of getting a Givi for mine ... it's not clear from your photo ... did you have to remove the spoiler/wing thing before installing the topbox?

rjbosco

I cannot speak for Vladimir, but I have a Shad SH-37 top box on my R50X.  You do have to replace the spoiler thingy with the rack accessory.  I also had to bend a couple of the brackets that came with the top box as the holes don't line up exactly.  However, it works great and looks great -- I'll get some pix on here soon, as I've made some other cosmetic mods as well.

Vladimir_Yorrick

Thanks rjbosco.  Would be great to see the photos.

I kinda like the spoiler and the rear light casing ... to install a topbox I'd have to remove the spoiler and the box would cover the rear lights to an extent.  I guess I'll just have to think about it more ...

Cheers.