TGBForum.com
TGB Scooter And ATV Enthusiast Forum

TGB bullet RS lacks top speed

Guest · 88 · 38435

Macca

Hi Steve,

Currently my bullet will get to 65km/h on the flat but similar to yours and struggles for low end power especially up the hills (live in Wellington so have plenty of them).

All the best with your tuning.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:29:33 AM by harry »

gibsonandpickett

I dont know if these pipes fit?Have you asked them if they fit the 2012 tgb s. Earlier models there are pipes available.I am living in Tauranga but are moving back to Wellington soon.

Macca

Andreas from Scootling replied to my enquire with this:

not 100% confident the exhaust will fit and a lot of $$ to spend to find out it wont work on my scooter.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:30:56 AM by harry »

gibsonandpickett

Hi Harry, i have been checking around for a pipe for my scooter ,here is an email from a company in Nz.Is m
y engine the same as these.
 Assuming yours uses the Suzuki clone engine (ie the
same as TGB 101s, Tapo etc) you could go with the below exhaust:
http://shop.scootling.co.nz/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=547

Cheers Steve

gibsonandpickett

Hi Macca and Harry, here is another link for a TGB RS Bullet pipe with rear disc brake. Looks like its the one. Are these pipes very noisey?(harry) http://www.gpsimports.com.au/products-details.php?productId=1277&search=product&productNumber=Tec+0609186

harry

• Administrator
  • Personal scooter consultant to the rich & famous
    • Whidbey Island Moped
yes any expansion pipe is loud!

oilyhans
i own a scooter shop  with rentals ,sales& racing parts.
i also appraise scooters for KBB.

2003 Vino classic stage 0.75
de-reged stock variator w/8g sliding weights.
1.5k rpm  springs
42mph
2005 veniceLX ~70cc~upjet~1.5k rpm springs & 7gr sliders
46mph
KeyWest de restricted~8gr slide

Macca

Hi Steve,

I checked out your link to GPS imports, They have the best price I have seen, I jumped on the Tecnigas website and did a search on the stock code and it matches the TGB Bullet 50 RS.
see here:

http://www.tecnigas.com/o/referencies.php?plana=3&model=17&nom_m=NEXT%20R

The exhaust part number GPS imports have is 0609186 which matches the Tecnigas datasheet so it would be a pretty safe bet this is the right one.

Will look at importing one  ;D will most likely  need to get some jets also.

gibsonandpickett

Hey Macca, might do the same, they reckon to go 4 to 6 sizes bigger in main jet. and maybe light rollers for the variator.Who is doing your scooter work in Wellington?

Macca

I normally get Scooterazzi www.scooterazzi.co.nz to do my work, this is where I brought the bike, but I reckon I can fit the Pipe myself, jets might be a bit more tricky but will give it a go.

I believe there is a restrictor in start of the pipe which I will need to get taken out.

Macca

Out of interest I spoke to Scooterazzi yesterday, they quoted me $500 NZ for the Tecnigas pipe, pays to shop around.

They also mentioned  the engine upgrade kit to 70cc is a worth while investment and will give the most improvement, I cant afford to do both right now and will see how the exhaust upgrade goes.

gibsonandpickett

Looks like that Aussie site i gave link to hasnt got stockof the$235 one but have the $285one(chrome) Going to order one soon!

gibsonandpickett

I have ordered the pipe, The chrome one. Was 285 but when you register you get $42 off.Harry can you send them sliders and jets please.

Cheers Steve
 :D

Macca

I've ordered mine also, what size jets and rollers did you get from Harry?

gibsonandpickett

Harry has sain 75 to 80 main jet with stock carb and i have ordered a pack of 4 gram and a pack of 6 gram sliders. You can use half of each to get 5 grams , Havent had an email confimation from them regarding freight costs yet/