TGBForum.com
TGB Scooter And ATV Enthusiast Forum

Sunset 50 CDI unrestriction

Guest · 7 · 4562

whitneybay

Clipped brown wire only to not be able to start.  Reconnected and back running.  Great scooter.  decent speed but wish to derestrict.

Any suggestions?  Have the colors changed on the CDI wires?

Whitneybay

kralle

seams to be another cable on 08´s tgb´s
did the same thing on my r50x f1 edition and it didn´t work:(

rotn 50

I have an 08 101s unhooked the connector the brown wire is running into and removed the wire with female clip still attached instead of cutting.   But wouldn't be any different than cutting the wire id suppose, scooter now does 75kph running on 98 octane.

whitneybay

Do you think we are talking about the very same electrical set up.  Was it the all brown wire you disconnected?  There was one brown with a stripe running through it.

Is it possible I clipped it on the wrong side of the CDI?

Stevo

I know the CDI units changed on some of the models at some stage. You can tell them apart by the different colour on the unit itself. I think the new ones are red and the brown wire snip doesnt work on them. I think the older ones were green which your able to derestrict by cutting the brown wire.

harry

• Administrator
  • Personal scooter consultant to the rich & famous
    • Whidbey Island Moped
TGB sells a un restricted  cdi  for the sunset, keywest  &
i think it will work on the R5, too,   not sure about the R50X
they are about $40 + shipping, if you want one let me know

oilyhans
i own a scooter shop  with rentals ,sales& racing parts.
i also appraise scooters for KBB.

2003 Vino classic stage 0.75
de-reged stock variator w/8g sliding weights.
1.5k rpm  springs
42mph
2005 veniceLX ~70cc~upjet~1.5k rpm springs & 7gr sliders
46mph
KeyWest de restricted~8gr slide

RushNatU

I got a stock r50x and it came with an unrestricted CDI......didn't buy it new though but i'm pretty sure the guy I bought it from didnt do anything to it.  Dont clip any wires on the r50x cuz it wont work.  The only restriction is in the variator washer and exhaust.  Main jet is small too so upjet if you get an exhaust or big bore kit for sure.