TGBForum.com
TGB Scooter And ATV Enthusiast Forum

TGB Jetfighter F1 edition r50x

Guest · 6 · 5824

kralle

hi there just bought me a TGB Jetfighter F1 edition r50x(one of 150 made for sweden) and mine is nr44.
lovely little bike remowed the washer and it performs wery well 65-75 km/h(on the speedo) depending on weather.got 2 thing´s i´m thinking of with this bike.

it seams to be wery weather sensetive on a sunny day it goes well over 70 km/h but in colder weather
it is hard to get up to 65 km/h  minor thing i know:D

but can it be adjusted so it works well in colder weather to?

and secound question.

read a lot about cutting the brown wire from the cdi box but that didn´t work on this one.
it wan´t even start with it cutted off.

Here are a pic off it btw.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j258/kralle_2006/DSC00134.jpg

harry

• Administrator
  • Personal scooter consultant to the rich & famous
    • Whidbey Island Moped
maybe the rings need to seat  a bit better? how many km's are on the odie?

best way to adjust a carb is to  warm up the scooter
real good (15 min ride )  .
adjust mix screw until  scooter runs fastest   (adjust 1/8 turn at a time)
 wait a bit between  adjustments and see / hear the revs pick up /die
then  readjust the idle to about 1800 rpm if needed.
ride for a bit and do a plug chop

now if your close to sea level and your in a place that has 90%+
humidity(cloudy) on cold days and  then real hot days , blue sky& birds fly high. 
that can be a royal pain in the rump to tune 
i,m in a marine enviroment(a island) near the canadian& us border
so i have to re tune  if i want tip top performance always.

i wonder how much performance you really get from the pipe and how much
 is just for looks.  most real expansion pipes & silencers  don't have that
emissions part ... its that extra bit of pipe on the ehaust manifold.

sweet bike though. are you going to any moding other than engine/ clutch  stuff?
it would look wild with some light green(maybe lime green) or light  purple  rims.
with maybe a real short fly screen for a bit of a racey look.  ;)

you might try some sliding weights, go  1-2 grams higher  over stock
 for a cheap tune to get some more top end

oilyhans

i own a scooter shop  with rentals ,sales& racing parts.
i also appraise scooters for KBB.

2003 Vino classic stage 0.75
de-reged stock variator w/8g sliding weights.
1.5k rpm  springs
42mph
2005 veniceLX ~70cc~upjet~1.5k rpm springs & 7gr sliders
46mph
KeyWest de restricted~8gr slide

kralle

The little bike has runned ca 1200km today.
I don´t think it´s the mix skrev that is needed to be adjusted the spark plug is light brown.

And i live by a sea so i guess i have to live with that its some times go´s little slower depending on the weather.

I live in the norhern sweden and the weather can change wery fast here this time of year so it would be a hell of a lot of adjustment then:D

But i think your concern about the the pipe can be wery true.
and sliding weights sounds the way to go to but don´t you think it should be lower one´s?
i mean with the washer it was reving to 10000-11000 and now whit the washer gone it hardley revs more than 8500.

i´m not planning to modding it that much.just get rid of the restrictors and make it rev a little bit more.

goulies

What kind of turn signal bulbs are used in the integrated turn signals?? Mine (U.S.) has externally mounted turn signals I'd love to get rid of...

hi there just bought me a TGB Jetfighter F1 edition r50x(one of 150 made for sweden) and mine is nr44.
lovely little bike remowed the washer and it performs wery well 65-75 km/h(on the speedo) depending on weather.got 2 thing´s i´m thinking of with this bike.

it seams to be wery weather sensetive on a sunny day it goes well over 70 km/h but in colder weather
it is hard to get up to 65 km/h  minor thing i know:D

but can it be adjusted so it works well in colder weather to?

and secound question.

read a lot about cutting the brown wire from the cdi box but that didn´t work on this one.
it wan´t even start with it cutted off.

Here are a pic off it btw.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j258/kralle_2006/DSC00134.jpg

kralle

What kind of turn signal bulbs are used in the integrated turn signals?? Mine (U.S.) has externally mounted turn signals I'd love to get rid of...

Little late but.
10wx4

Hagabard

Looks sharp.

What were you getting before you removed the washer?  And not revving up so high isn't all bad, it means the transmission is probably actually being used to its potential.  Less rpm for same speed should equate to less engine wear and longer life.  The ignition cuts off for me going down hills (I havn't de-restricted yet) at about 40mph (65k) before 10000 rpm.  I would love to be going just a touch faster so I don't anger the cagers as much, maybe the washer will be enough.