TGBForum.com
TGB Scooter And ATV Enthusiast Forum

Leatherman Multi-tool

Guest · 3 · 1976

rjbosco

TGB scooters come with a small vinyl pouch that contains a handful of tools including some metric wrenches.   I wouldn't consider this to be a complete tool kit should you have a need for tools while on the bike and away from your garage (which happened to me when I accidently rested a plastic item too close to the hot exhaust pipe and needed to cut away some melted plastic).  A multi-tool is a good accessory purchase.

Sears carries a full line of Leatherman multi-tools, containing between 10-16 different items (even a jig saw-like blade, a file and a surprisingly accurate ruler) for prices ranging from $20 and $50.  The nice thing is that the little carrying case it comes in fits perfectly under the seat in the little plastic well on the right rear corner of the storage area.

I've also discovered that if you use high-strength velcro on the back of the stock tool pouch you can place it upright in that corner right below the Leatherman tool.  This allows you to find things a little more easily in the underseat storage and shouldn't interfere with helmet storage.

Rod

John

• Administrator
Nice tip, thanks! 

My wife and I are ex-employees of Sears.  Love to see people mentioning them :D

biomedwv

Agreed, a Leatherman is a tool that you want on your scooter, or anwhere else for that matter.  I have a Leatherman Supertool that I've had for about 9 years and I literally use it every day.  There are other multi-tools out there, but it just depends on what you are looking for and what you are willing to pay.  Great tip!