TGBForum.com
TGB Scooter And ATV Enthusiast Forum

keywest issues.....again!!!!

Guest · 3 · 2200

jwhood

So i was coming home from work the other day and the ole keywest lost all power,and im about 7 miles from my house i had the trottle at full an d she was going about 5 mph and when i would get too a hill would be no power and would have to get off and push while holding throttle wide open,these scooters are so touchy i have been through hell with this scooter,harry im totally lost on the issue now she was running good and all of a sudden this any idea spark plug is good checked for airleaks what else could be the issue?? There are very few reputable scooter repair guys here in baltimore md and im at witts end with this thing my brother wants to trade a 07 r50x for my west but his has spark issues but has less miles and the styling of the r50x is more appealing then the west,dont know what to do any ideas on my issue or should i just trade the headache for another headache thanks!!!

Miker the Biker

Gee wiz!

I'm having similar problems.
Noticed that YOU had them long ago.
What ever DID happen with that?
If it got fixed, HOW???

jwhood

Had air leak around intake manifold it is prone to leaking there,also need a new cylinder,piston was fried from.previous owner running with no oil,I suggest getting a motoforce 50cc cylinder kit if your staying stock or if your going to 70cc go with a well known brand like,malossi,stage 6,polini these cheap Chinese kits are junk,come over to 49ccscooter.com and join best scooter form on the net no b.s either,my name is jwhood there also and you can see my build in the build thread and also get help for your issue hope to see ya over there