TGBForum.com
TGB Scooter And ATV Enthusiast Forum

Bullet RS50 70CC kit

Guest · 5 · 2594

Ripmax

Any recommendations on a 70CC kit for my scoot.

Is it normal for Technigas next R exhausts to get really loud and raspy after a couples of months from new? It's gone from having a flat 'pop pop pop' sound to now having a 'high pitched everybody turn around and look at me coming annoying as hell sound'.
Cheers
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 09:02:23 AM by harry »

harry

• Administrator
  • Personal scooter consultant to the rich & famous
    • Whidbey Island Moped
you might need to repack the silencer.

oilyhans
i own a scooter shop  with rentals ,sales& racing parts.
i also appraise scooters for KBB.

2003 Vino classic stage 0.75
de-reged stock variator w/8g sliding weights.
1.5k rpm  springs
42mph
2005 veniceLX ~70cc~upjet~1.5k rpm springs & 7gr sliders
46mph
KeyWest de restricted~8gr slide

Ripmax

Getting back to my original post. If I bought a 70CC kit thats suited to a morini, would that fit my engine.
One person said the R50X engine is different, and somebody else said its the same.
Does my engine have a specific code for eg. Morini 2T?  I just don't want to get caught out buying the wrong kit.
Thanks again

meatshake

I have the Bullet RS50 also (the one with no rear disc brake) and I just picked up a kit which was suited to a morini engine. It fitted the engine fine, though it was a bit tight around the plastic shroud when putting it all back together.

Word of advice though is to steer clear of the  kits from motoritec brand. Not very good performance I found, and you will need a pipe to make the most of it.

If you just change the cylinder and leave the standard pipe it will probably just accelerate faster to the same top speed as the 50 kit.

m.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 09:17:10 AM by harry »

Ripmax

I thought all the bullet RS50's had disc rear end. 
I'm fairly pleased with the top speed of the scooter at the moment. I've removed the wedding ring restrictor in the variator, upgraded the CDI, fitted a gear up kit, technigas next R exhaust and 65 size main jet and it'll do 70-75 kph according to the speedo without a problem. I must say the speedo is very optimistic and probably about 6+ kmh out.
Last weekend I decided to refit the standard exhaust and the 60 size main jet. (not much performance lost really)  The technigas exhaust was starting to get too loud and driving me nuts. I removed the can and checked the internal packing......all good. So its a mystery why its gotten so loud.
So I was mainly looking for a 70cc kit to offer more torque/acceleration and thinking about retaining the standard pipe to keep the noise levels to a minimum.
What brand 70cc kit would you recommend meatshake?
Cheers