TGBForum.com
TGB Scooter And ATV Enthusiast Forum

Exhaust Stud Removal

Guest · 2 · 1603

Macca

Hi All

So riding home the other night I noticed my bike was sounding louder than normal, once home I did a check around the exhaust system and there didn't appear to be any holes in the exhaust so I took a look at the two bolts that hold the muffler onto the engine and one of them has broken off inside the screw hole.

From what I can find on the web this is the part I'm after (GA509SC06 STUD M6X25) but the biggest problem I have is how to remove the broken stud?

It would be most appreciated if someone has suggestions on how to remove the broken stud and where to get a replacment part.

My bike is a TGB 50rs bullet.

-- update---

I managed to do this  today and in the end was fairly easy, all i had to do was buy a screw extraction kit $20 and two new exhaust studs / bolts. Once i had the broken stud out was simply a matter of installing the two new ones and back up and running.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 08:32:38 AM by harry »

gibsonandpickett

Hey macca, they are easy to remove if you know what your doing.i removed mine, I would take to headmaster engine reconditioning in king street Newtown, this is where I used to work, they regularly remove broken bolts