TGBForum.com
TGB Scooter And ATV Enthusiast Forum

taking apart the scooter

Guest · 2 · 2636

bvan54

I am trying to get the plastics off as I bought a radio for the moped and thought it would be easy to just run the wires neatly by having access. well I am wrong I guess because I took off like 20 screws and the plastics would not budge. It looked like it would come off if you pulled hard enough and broke some plastic tabs. I couldn't even get the halves in the back to separate. I think I will try starting with disassembling the front plastics and working my way back next time. I didn't even get close to even starting the install of the radio. If anyone has advice on what panels come off first and how to get them off it would be helpful. I am now going to do the install next week. I plan to photo document the install if anyone wants me to start a thread about audio on the scooter.
If interested I found this(boss audio mc500 mini amp and speakers) for cheap on amazon and testing it about if sounds really good!
 http://www.amazon.com/MC500-Motorcycle-Amplifier-Weatherproof-Speakers/dp/B004S52NRG/ref=pd_cp_e_0

harry

• Administrator
  • Personal scooter consultant to the rich & famous
    • Whidbey Island Moped
yeah, so  the  key  thing to remove first is the seat
 bucket on most scooters.  then the body parts around there.
sometimes there are screws holding them on from inside the engine compartment
 maybe coming off a tab on the foot rest.
and to make it trickier  sometimes  you have to remove the rear rack  & tail light
then you can remove the whole  rear body assy.

for the front , usually you remove some screws in the leg shield .
 and its knowing where the tabs are and then  you press  in the right spot
 to unlock the tab without snapping them off.
good luck!

oilyhans

i own a scooter shop  with rentals ,sales& racing parts.
i also appraise scooters for KBB.

2003 Vino classic stage 0.75
de-reged stock variator w/8g sliding weights.
1.5k rpm  springs
42mph
2005 veniceLX ~70cc~upjet~1.5k rpm springs & 7gr sliders
46mph
KeyWest de restricted~8gr slide