TGBForum.com
TGB Scooter And ATV Enthusiast Forum

TGB Key West only starts with kickstart

Guest · 2 · 2190

dwnthehatch

Please help. I just purchased a 07 Key west with 150 miles on it. The scooter has a very hard time starting. The electric start turns the motor over but it never starts. It will eventually start only after kicking it over for a few minutes. The gas is fresh, the battery is fully charged, and the spark plug is new and the correct. All electrical connections are tight. Once started it runs great. This problem still occurs when the scooter is warmed up. Does anyone know where I should start?

Thanks

jabamx6

Well I guess you can check couple things here - and I'm sure you are doing those already;
1) I think the left handle (rear) break needs to applied - I'm not sure if you need to hold the break to start it but I always do - old habit of holding down the clutch before starting.
2) that was me being an idiot - but the kill switch has OFF-ON-OFF position and when I first got the scooter I just flipped it one way didn't realize it it was already in ON position so I put the switch on OFF and could not figure out why it did not want to start... and it took few minutes...

But both don't explain why would it start with the kick but not w/the electric starter...