TGBForum.com
TGB Scooter And ATV Enthusiast Forum

Outback 425C

Guest · 7 · 4945

TGB_Rider

Anyone out there have a TGB Outback 425? Looking for information on what parts will interchange with it. I know that the quad is based on a Suzuki frame. Looks like the Suzuki Eiger. I need to get a winch mount kit for mine. I also need to locate front wheel bearings and inner/outer seals for the bearings. Already, I have snorkeled mine out, however cannot find a jet kit for it. If anyone has any information on the bike that I can use in ordering replacement and aftermarket parts, that would be greatly appreciated. The only other thing I know that is the same is the carb. The Outback uses a Mikuni BSR-33 carb, and so does a Can-am 400 HO. That is all I know. Now an opinion. I have had this quad BURRIED in the mud and the only thing gone wrong is the bearings. I have also had it completely under water. I like this quad. Some of the parts are a little weak, but I can deal with that. My mods are: 1. home made snorkel kit 2. removed spark arrestor 3. ITP Mudlite XL's. Other than that, stock. Thanks for looking.

TGB_Rider

Here are a couple  pics after one of my rides

Oh yea, the pics were taken before the addition of the Mudlites. Any and all comments are welcome. Thanks for looking.

John

• Administrator
 :o Looks like you are putting it to good use!  Nice! 

Nice work on the snorkle kit.

TGB_Rider

Thanks, next mod is coming soon. I am going to move the radiator up to the front rack. Before I do that, I have to replace the front wheel bearings. Hopefully, I am going to find those this weekend. It isn't easy to find a place to find replacement parts. There is a universal bearing place near here, and they usually have the bearings for any application. I am trying there Saturday morning, so I can ride Saturday afternoon. If you know of a place I can find replacement parts on the net, please let me know.

Bill Peirce

Man, that is one dirty Outback!  Congrats!

If you ever need help finding parts, just call us at 770-423-2827. Ask for Mike and tell him your an end user, not a dealer.  He'll try and help you find the parts at a dealer near you or get you to someone who can help.

As for the design; yes, the frame is almost the same as the Eiger. But there are some changes and TGB has a special plate for mounting a winch.  It's not that tough to install once you have the plate. Any TGB dealer should have it or can get it from our parts office.

Bill

TGB_Rider

Thanks a-lot for the information. I think I need to patent my snorkel kit and see if it will sell. There is a dealer near where I live, but they have stopped opening on Saturday's. I travel for work, so I am never home on week days. I live near Advantage Auto Plex in Farmerville, La. That is where I bought the quad. Also, I found out my brakes are worn to the metal plate. That shouldn't be right, I have only had the quad for 4 months. And according to the odometer, I only have 150 miles on it. Oh well, guess I will buy new brakes also. Thanks for the feedback. I thought some TGB guys would like to see an Outback put through the ringer. I am enjoying the quad very much. But I do want to convert it to IRS.

TGB_Rider

Well, got my parts on order today. Was kinda shocked when I was told the price on the brake pads. Everything else was around what I was expecting, but $60.00 for front brake pads kinda made me gasp. $56.00 for a front hub, $10.00 per wheel bearing, $4.00 per grease seal. Overall not too bad. Still waiting to see what they hit me for as far as shipping is concerned. Of course I don't feel I should have to pay shipping considering I am buying from the dealership and they should have these things in stock. But I am sure they are going to try. We will see. Anyway, waiting on the parts. When I get it fixed, i want to race it in the next local mud bog. Would like to see how it does compared to other quads in it's class. Will post when that happens.