TGBForum.com
TGB Scooter And ATV Enthusiast Forum

TGB Delivery Scooter Video

John · 6 · 11409

John

• Administrator
I want one of these!  I will pick up my own pizza and some beer to go with it  ;D 

http://youtube.com/watch?v=B9nMePGOr6Q

jborean

:'(

My 2007 TGB Delivery 50 was running great when I first bought it. It cruised from 35-40 MPH making me thing that any restrictions on it were limited to the hardware (washers, jet, exhaust, etc...). After it just about reached the break in point it started to behave as if it was electronically restricted. It would get to 32 MPH and then cut the power/spark till it was less than 30MPH again. I live like 200 miles from the nearest active dealer and their mechanic is on vacation. Although you would think that if this is a built in normal thing they would know exactly what the problem was... maybe that is why they stressed so hard to bring it in to them on the first service. I did perform the first service of changing the gear oil and went ahead and changed the spark plug just in case... no improvement.

Then I hit the internet to see what the community had to say. Everyone keeps referring to the CDI restriction and the "brown wire" that fixes it. I pulled of the seat cover and the gas tank (which is required on a TGB Delivery) and lo and behold there are 2 black boxes. Both have 6 wires, one is at the rear of the seat and one to the right (if you are sitting on it). The one to the right looked more correct and more importantly was the only one with a brown wire. Well I cut it and now it is even worse at 20-30MPH.

I am hoping that somewhere out there someone actually knows exactly what they are talking about on how to specifically fix this issue on a TGB Delivery 50. The only way I have to get this thing to a dealer is to drive it like 3 hours and I use this to commute like 24-30 miles a day. My pleasure in TGB is really going down and I am starting to wish I had bought a Yamaha or Honda. The only dealer close to me is a Yamaha dealer who quit selling TGB over a year ago and for some reason is still listed on their site. They wasted 4.5 hours of my time (on my birthday yesterday) while I sat in their showroom only to find that they had not even looked at it and didn't know what they were doing without talking to TGB/Cobra.

Please reply if you have the answer...

CibbyDoc

Man...I dont have ab answer for you as I'm new to them myself...but I sure feel for you... :'(

l_____l

:'(

My 2007 TGB Delivery 50 was running great when I first bought it. It cruised from 35-40 MPH making me thing that any restrictions on it were limited to the hardware (washers, jet, exhaust, etc...). After it just about reached the break in point it started to behave as if it was electronically restricted. It would get to 32 MPH and then cut the power/spark till it was less than 30MPH again. I live like 200 miles from the nearest active dealer and their mechanic is on vacation. Although you would think that if this is a built in normal thing they would know exactly what the problem was... maybe that is why they stressed so hard to bring it in to them on the first service. I did perform the first service of changing the gear oil and went ahead and changed the spark plug just in case... no improvement.

Then I hit the internet to see what the community had to say. Everyone keeps referring to the CDI restriction and the "brown wire" that fixes it. I pulled of the seat cover and the gas tank (which is required on a TGB Delivery) and lo and behold there are 2 black boxes. Both have 6 wires, one is at the rear of the seat and one to the right (if you are sitting on it). The one to the right looked more correct and more importantly was the only one with a brown wire. Well I cut it and now it is even worse at 20-30MPH.

I am hoping that somewhere out there someone actually knows exactly what they are talking about on how to specifically fix this issue on a TGB Delivery 50. The only way I have to get this thing to a dealer is to drive it like 3 hours and I use this to commute like 24-30 miles a day. My pleasure in TGB is really going down and I am starting to wish I had bought a Yamaha or Honda. The only dealer close to me is a Yamaha dealer who quit selling TGB over a year ago and for some reason is still listed on their site. They wasted 4.5 hours of my time (on my birthday yesterday) while I sat in their showroom only to find that they had not even looked at it and didn't know what they were doing without talking to TGB/Cobra.

Please reply if you have the answer...

Hello jborean

This is my 1st post here, but am doing so to help you with your problem which MUST be covered by TGB/Cobra under their 2 year UNLIMITED mileage warranty. (so long as the "cut wire" no longer looks to have been cut).

There are way more TGB dealers in the US than other "clone" scooter manufactures. However, I would have HIGHLY recommended the 150cc 4 stroke unit!!! I guess, too late for that now.....unless you exercise your rights under their terms of "warranty"!

Nonetheless, you should NOT be stuck with a "pig in the poke!"

And with that fact of matter in hand, try dealing directly with Cobra Sports, and or, call Dyane at www.bigeasyscooters.com here in New Orleans. They had a MASSIVE fleet of TGB rentals, but.....you can't replace every unit every day!   >>>New Orleans = DRUNKS!  LOL

If all else failes, go to: http://www.provoscooter.com
They will sell something to you that AJAX will not remove!!!   LOL

-Levi

chrisd

You said you scooter was just past the break-in point. How many miles is that?

I personally think it's ill to tamper with the electronics, based on what some doinkus on the net told you, and then expect TGB to fix it under warranty. I hate people like that. Take responsibility for your mistake and get it to a TGB dealer. Get it fixed, and trade it for a 150.

Your first mistake was getting a 49cc. Commuting 30 miles a day is too much for a 49. It's not designed for that.

Your second mistake was tampering.

Your third mistake was taking it to a Yamaha dealer. They don't want to fix your TGB, they only want to sell you a Yamaha. Are you blind?

jborean

You said you scooter was just past the break-in point. How many miles is that?

I personally think it's ill to tamper with the electronics, based on what some doinkus on the net told you, and then expect TGB to fix it under warranty. I hate people like that. Take responsibility for your mistake and get it to a TGB dealer. Get it fixed, and trade it for a 150.

Your first mistake was getting a 49cc. Commuting 30 miles a day is too much for a 49. It's not designed for that.

Your second mistake was tampering.

Your third mistake was taking it to a Yamaha dealer. They don't want to fix your TGB, they only want to sell you a Yamaha. Are you blind?

It's been a while... I have been in Afghanistan so excuse the delayed response.

ChrisD...

1. The break in point is 300 Miles.

2. Where in my post did I say I expected anything I did to be covered under warranty? And when it was fixed (and it was not having problems from any of my "tampering") I did take it to a dealer... albeit not nearby. So it was not my mistake.

3. 30 miles is nothing... It's like an hour or less riding time... so that is EXACTLY what it is designed for... daily commuting.

4. "Tampering" would be a mistake... and if the TGB Owner community (many of which are dealer/mechanics) that post on forums are "doinkus's" why are you here?

5.  The Yamaha dealer in question was at the time... and still is listed on the TGB Site as an active dealer:
Yamaha of Lumberton
4401 Fayetteville Road
Lumberton, NC 28358
910-738-1454

Are you BLIND?

Maybe you should pay attention to a post before you flame it?

If you can say something helpful... don't say anything at all. Or in some ancient wise words:

"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." Ephesians 4:29

Your comments were only aimed at derision.

And for the rest of the reader... The problem and solution:

Inspite of utilizing premium gas and major stations, the culprit was bad gas! It may be that I filled up at a recently serviced fuel station and the carburation and fuel was restricted and cut off over a short amount of time to result in the symptoms described. The scooter shop actually forgot to say anything about their usual practice and recommendation to use a fuel additive to prevent just that.

So it is running fine again after some carb cleaning and a new battery from sitting during my deployment (something else that failed to mention tending to).

I will try to work with some other dealers most likely in the future for other issues. This dealer in particular is against doing anything at all to mod the scooters.