TGBForum.com
TGB Scooter And ATV Enthusiast Forum

Thinking it's my cdi

Guest · 4 · 2088

Triesandluth

Back again.  I've turned this 2006 r50x into a project since I it had been such a pain from the get go and I just love my Super 9 LC.  At first when I got it,  it would run when first started,  then would die if not feathering the throttle once it warmed up.  Now it won't even start,  even with changing fuel,  etc.  I feel that the spark is incredibly weak compared to my other scooters.  I've tested the coil and plug wire on my other scoots,  it's fine.  Used a testing  light to check the stator,  it's sending voltage.  The cdi is one of those blue "new racing" ones with a green light on it.  Before I find a new stator is like to acquire a cdi that's known to work.  I've noticed that the lead from the scoot has 6pins, rectangle connector, but the cdi only has five wires going to it.  The one wire that is missing actually provides a constant power when the key is on.  What's that about?? 
Anyways,  anyone have a lead on a cdi that works?  At this point I don't care if it is restricted.  Maybe someone can post a picture of the harness on theirs?
BTW,  when it ran still,  the little light on the box would flash,  but it was extremely weak.  Now it barely flashes while turning over. 
Any help is appreciated!

Triesandluth

harry

• Administrator
  • Personal scooter consultant to the rich & famous
    • Whidbey Island Moped
lots of cdi's here:
https://whidbeyislandmoped.com/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=17&zenid=cc7c2e73aab858ed09e01b270c02941b

plugs can act weird , when was the last time you changed it?

oilyhans
i own a scooter shop  with rentals ,sales& racing parts.
i also appraise scooters for KBB.

2003 Vino classic stage 0.75
de-reged stock variator w/8g sliding weights.
1.5k rpm  springs
42mph
2005 veniceLX ~70cc~upjet~1.5k rpm springs & 7gr sliders
46mph
KeyWest de restricted~8gr slide

Triesandluth

I've went though several plugs now lol.  Kept drenching them.  I may start a new thread later.  I keep flip flopping from thinking it's a spark issue to a fuel delivery issue. I've got it to run,  but not ride.  I'll post details of what I've got going on now to a new thread.
Thanks!