TGBForum.com
TGB Scooter And ATV Enthusiast Forum

How Can I Tell if My TGB is a 150cc?

Guest · 4 · 2728

weeirishgurlaz

I bought this scooter over a year ago and have had work done on it at a scooter shop (now closed).  I didn't get a manual with it and I assumed is was a 50cc until I was reading some of the posts on here.  My TGB's speedometer goes up to 90 MPH and I have gotten it to about 55-60 MPH. The decals on the scooter say R9 and it's a 2006 bright green one.  The reason I am asking is the last time anything was done with the oil was when the scooter shop had it and it's a bit low.  I don't know what type to put in, or if I need a mixture  ??? I don't want to do the wrong thing. Help Please!

Thanks!

harry

• Administrator
  • Personal scooter consultant to the rich & famous
    • Whidbey Island Moped
you have a 4 stroke motor ...
you can find links to the service &parts manuals at the
bottom of the forum home page
there are 2 places to change oil...
motor and transmission
motor is drained from below the fan and before the muffler
**NOTE:check your dip stick to make sure you are not over filling
or you may blow a oil seal***
the tranny plug is at rear/bottom of side case

oilyhans

i own a scooter shop  with rentals ,sales& racing parts.
i also appraise scooters for KBB.

2003 Vino classic stage 0.75
de-reged stock variator w/8g sliding weights.
1.5k rpm  springs
42mph
2005 veniceLX ~70cc~upjet~1.5k rpm springs & 7gr sliders
46mph
KeyWest de restricted~8gr slide

JohnMN

Just a quick note.  Most 50cc scooters require a gas and oil fuel mixture for its two stroke engines and thus don't require an oil change.  Most 150 cc scooters have an oil crank case which does require an oil change periodically.  50 ccs usually speed from 2 to 40 MPG.  150 ccs speed up around 60 mph.

I'm buying a 150 cc R9 and the metal placards/signs on it with technical info do not mention if it's a 50 or 150cc.  I looked underneath the scooter for the crank cases's drain plug and there it was - it's a 150!  It also sped like a bat out of he_ _, way over 35mph - it's a 150!