TGBForum.com
TGB Scooter And ATV Enthusiast Forum

2006 TGB Laser R9 150cc Battery/Starting Problem

BlueHorses

Have a 2006 R9 150cc with 5K miles and use it for leisure on weekends, always try to start it weekly (and it starts right up with ignition button). I run it for a few minutes weekly even when not using it. Recently, I didn't start it for about 2 weeks and went to push button start it and it didn't start, so I kick started it and it started right up, I warmed it up for 5 minutes and drove 5 minutes for fuel, turned it off when fueling and then push button started it and it started fine. Drove to a store 5 minutes away, turned it off, came back and the scooter was completely dead, button and kick start no longer worked. Thought I had a dead battery but it tested at 100% so not the battery. Tried checking power and when I try a turn signals/horn they don't work and it makes a clicking sound, no brake light function, nothing...fuses are fine too.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

harry

• Administrator
  • Personal scooter consultant to the rich & famous
    • Whidbey Island Moped
Thought I had a dead battery but it tested at 100% so not the battery. Tried checking power and when I try a turn signals/horn they don't work and it makes a clicking sound, no brake light function, nothing...fuses are fine too.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

that is the sound of a weak or dead battery OR a bad connection somewhere

the scooter was completely dead, button and kick start no longer worked. 

kick start should always work, some/most  scooters will kick over with a long dead battery
so a bad connection looks more likely  also perhaps the brake switch is bad/ disconnected
try the right brake lever when starting
lights not working, so a blown bulb on one side is possible ; both won't work if one is blown
oilyhans
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 08:21:58 PM by harry »
i own a scooter shop  with rentals ,sales& racing parts.
i also appraise scooters for KBB.

2003 Vino classic stage 0.75
de-reged stock variator w/8g sliding weights.
1.5k rpm  springs
42mph
2005 veniceLX ~70cc~upjet~1.5k rpm springs & 7gr sliders
46mph
KeyWest de restricted~8gr slide