TGBForum.com
TGB Scooter And ATV Enthusiast Forum

Tuning R50 with a diferent pipe, kits, etc

Guest · 2 · 2565

MMSS

Well, I just wanted to let anyone who is interested in tuning their r50 that I managed to put a yasuni scooter R type exhaust (150€) in my R50 after a bit of adapting, and a 65cc aluminum Italkit cylinder kit for a Franco Morini engine(that´s the R50´s engine, 110€, VERY light). that was phase 1 and it didnt go very well... almost no speed when accelerating but very high end revolutions, almost 11.000 rpms. I deristricted the pipe and performance improved a lot more, almost 50mph and 11.000 rpms.

Phase 2:I then put a new Hebo air filter and a 21mm carburetor, recalibrated and everything(150€ everything)... but still isnt working like it should, now it has almost none high end revolutions... I think its the clutch settings and the rollers(I think they are called like that, not a native english speaker).

well... any ideas on how i can improve perfomance apart from the clutch settings and the rollers? could it be that the carburetor is too big, and its pumping too much gas??? This is an european model, but there arent too many differences.

by the way: the yasuni pipe works brilliant, anyone interested I can look up the model that I bought and explain how I adapted it.

MMSS

rjbosco

If you could explain how you adapted the Yasuni pipe to fit the R50X, I'd appreciate it.

Rod