TGBForum.com
TGB Scooter And ATV Enthusiast Forum

Starting Scooter - Stalling Issue

Guest · 8 · 6071

Chasqui

Just bought a 2009 TGB RX50 with 1500ks on it - loving it except for the starting issue noted below - once I get more comfortable I will start on the MODs to get it faster.

When I start my TGB RX50 I have to rev it constantly for a minute or so at about 2000RPM to keep it from stalling - any way to fix this problem?

Recommendations on putting a box in the back?

Thanks,
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 02:03:29 PM by Chasqui »

RushNatU

My dealer here was telling me they have all kinds of mounting brackets and cargo boxes for the r50x.  Its called Twin City Recreation in Lafayette, Indiana. Give em a call.  They might be able to help.
As far as the warmup issue.......i'm not exactly sure since i'm not a mechanic but from what I've read.......it could be running too rich or the idle mix isn't correct.....so have someone check your carb.  When I start mine, it revs to about 4000 on its own cuz of the choke and then after a minute goes down to 2100 and thats where it stays while warm/hot.

Chasqui

rjbosco

I've had my R50X for about 10 months.  I occasionally have had the start-up stalling problem you described.  However, if you start the bike about the time you're ready to take off you should have no problems.  I've never had to rev it for more than about half a minute.

As for top boxes, I have a 37 litre Shad box on mine (the silver lid is a perfect color match -- you didn't say what color R50X you purchased).  All the Shad models should fit -- you'll probably have to bend the two "L" brackets slightly to get the holes to line-up with the holes on the luggage rack that TGB sells for the R50X.

One of these days I'll put some pix of my ride on here.

Rod

RushNatU

From what I've read in other posts.....you shouldn't just get on the bike and take off.   Like you said a good 30-60 seconds or more to warm up and lubricate the piston is necessary before you rev it up all the way so be patient and hold the throttle lightly to rev it to about 4000 for a minute although the choke should be doing this on its own (mine does with no problems).

kralle

i got exactly the same problem but not when i use the kick start onley with my electry starter.
and wery hard to adjust the airmixer and the idle.

but i have learned to live with it up till now:)

RushNatU

Take your idle screw and turn it all the way in or almost all the way.  Turn mix screw all the way in then turn it out 2-2.5 turns or where scooter runs the fastest.  Then turn the idle screw out until you get it idling around 2000rpm.  This should solve your stalling issue.  If it still stalls try turning the idle screw in a little more to bring up the rpms.  If it doesnt work you should check the choke cuz thats whats responsible for revving it up when cold.

HelenJames

I think this topic was already mentioned at this forum